July 16–19, 2015
Moscow Conference on Computational Molecular Biology (MCCMB)
is a biennial forum in various up-to-date areas of computational biology.
It traditionally takes place in Lomonosov Moscow State University,
but despite its "local" title both Russian and international scientists participate the conference.
The working language of the conference is English.
As usual, the MCCMB issue of
Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
will feature papers by the conference
attendees. The good news is that JBCB is now in the Web of Science
and has an impact factor.
If you plan to submit your paper to the MCCMB issue of JBCB, please send to
short message with a preliminary list of authors and a tentative
title of your paper. Please do it as soon as possible.
The tentative timetable is as follows:
- Oct. 10th, 2015 — paper submission. Use the
standard JBCB submission procedure. Select a box stating that the
paper goes to the MCCMB issue and mention it in the cover letter. To
be sure nothing slips, send a message
to email@example.com once you have submitted your
manuscript. Do not send the manuscript itself.
- Nov. 30th, 2015 — reviews.
- Dec. 15th, 2015 — submission of revised manuscripts (again, follow the journal's rules).
- Jan 30th, 2016 — final decision.
- April 2016 — MCCMB issue published.
Topics of interest
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Sequence analysis:
- statistics of DNA and protein sequences;
- functional annotation of genes, proteins and genomes.
- Structure of biopolymers:
- prediction of protein structure;
- interaction of proteins with ligands;
- comparative analysis of protein 3D structures;
- prediction of RNA structure.
- Molecular evolution:
- phylogenetic analysis;
- comparative genomics;
- genome rearrangements.
- Omics and Systems biology:
- genome and metagenome analysis;
- large-scale analysis of proteomes and protein-protein interactions:
- metabolic and signal pathways;
- models and networks.
- Next generation sequencing.